KE2: Senior Energy Expert (Category I, 105 Working Days)
Project title: Identification and Formulation of new Programmes in Water and Energy Sectors in Egypt
Global objective: The Global objective of the assignment is to identify and formulate possible EU interventions in the field of Water and Energy to be included in the 2018-2020 Annual Action Plans, implementing the Single Support Framework for EU Support to Egypt 2018-2020 which is currently being finalised.
Qualifications and skills:
• University Master Degree in economics or related fields to Energy;
• An advanced professional qualification related to energy would be an asset;
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Knowledge of Arabic would be considered an advantage
General professional experience:
• A minimum of 12 years professional experience in the Energy sector, preferably at least 2 years dealing with Energy Strategy or policy in a Technical assistance capacity;
• Experienced in working in the MENA region
Specific professional experience:
• Previous experience with energy policy, energy sector reform, establishment of energy regulatory bodies;
• Professional experience in sustainable energy (renewable energy and/or energy efficiency and/or energy savings) would be an asset;
• Previous working experience in at identification and formulation of EU-funded Projects would be an asset;
• Proven experience in energy planning and modelling including the energy scenario analysis and strategy elaboration would be an asset
• The main location of the assignment will be Cairo. However, travel throughout the country is foreseen to meet stakeholders and beneficiaries in order to get acquainted to the current state of play, problems and constraints affecting Water and Energy strategies.
Please be advised that we will contact only the choosen experts.