Position: Senior Hospital Management Specialist
Technical Focus Areas: Governance / Quality of Care / Capacity Building / Hospital Reform and Management
Duration: 200 days per year, 3 yr project
Deadline for Applications: 9th May, 2017**
Health Partners International (HPI) is a partnership that specialises in systems, governance and community engagement working in low and middle income countries. We provide policy and strategy advisory support, technical and programme management services in priority health areas focusing on reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), malaria and other communicable diseases, and nutrition. We have a long track record of successful collaboration with the public and private sectors, civil society and communities, supporting their efforts to achieve equitable gains in health and development. As we move forward in the era of the Sustainable Development Goals, we are developing increasingly integrated and multi-sectoral approaches that take account of the complex nature of our world with its unacceptable levels of inequality, the growing burden of non-communicable disease and the current enormous challenge of migration from areas of conflict, instability and fragility.
Description of Role
This is an opportunity for an experienced expert to take on a near full time position over 3 years. The expert will report to the team leader and provide strategic input into a health sector reform project in Morocco. In particular, the expert will be responsible for supporting, advising and accompanying the MOH in carrying out the following tasks:
• Identification of appropriate short-term expertise
· support for the development of terms of reference, selection of experts, follow-up of missions, Quality control of services, analysis of reports, support for dissemination and implementation of results.
• This expert will support the Team Lead in the development of partnerships with National Public Health Institutes / Schools to provide training for managers of hospitals and other care structures Health
• Develop the means and tools necessary to improve the processing and management of hospital billing;
• Provide concrete proposals or strategic thinking to ensure an effective relay at the service level and at the regional level.
· Master’s degree in economics, law, public administration, public health, engineering or management or an equivalent professional qualification
· 12 years’ experience in working in management and planning three of which were in a developing country. (Essential)
· 5 years’ experience in working in the management of public hospitals. (Essential)
· Demonstrable knowledge and experience of governance, quality of care, capacity building and hospital management and reform (Essential)
· Demonstrable track record of engaging with MoH and government actors. (Preferred)
· Very goood command of the French Language (Essential)
· Excellent oral/written communication skills (Essential)
· Experience working in Morocco and/or surrounding countries (Preferred)
· Experience working on EU and/or World Bank funded projects (Preferred)
· Fluency in English required.