ISD is seeking a Senior Manager to form an integral part of our MENA programmes, including the Strong Cities Network (SCN), with specific focus on the development of our East Africa programming and policy.
The Senior Manager will work closely with key project leads as well as a dedicated team to design, develop, and ultimately deliver on ongoing and new programmes focused on the issues of polarisation, hate, and extremism across Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
It is essential that candidates have proven knowledge of P/CVE programming in Africa, the Middle-East, and Asia (especially Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Somalia) as well as possessing significant programme management experience with on-the-ground projects. Candidates need to be fluent in Swahili (written and spoken).
Key Responsibilities Include:
Leading on Programmatic Development, proposals, and design
- Drafting writing and pitching coherent and comprehensive bids
- Leading on programmatic development and design
- Managing partner engagement as required in support of project deliverables
- Being the key contact and lead in new project proposals with input from regional and HQ staff
- Assessing challenges and opportunities of potential development of new SCN programmes in Kenya as required **
Research and Policy
- Analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data in both English and Swahili
- Undertaking full review of existing data to find new angles for research/ policy work
- Representation of ISD specifically on issues that intersect with Africa, Middle East and Asia
Supporting, developing and managing teams
- Line management of staff working on programmatic delivery working across ISD programmes in Africa, Middle East and Asia
- Providing strategic advice and support to the team as well supporting existing staff and onboarding new joiners
- Leading regular project team meetings, securing delivery updates across the team and taking ownership of priorities and decisions
Overseeing programme management of project activities
- Complete oversight of project management including forecasting, tracking and delivering on key programmatic and financial milestones and all budget expenditure
- Overseeing all donor reporting, engagement and coordinates team members and partners to produce and deliver accurate reporting (narrative, financial, M&E etc.)
- Building relationships with partners, supporting kenya-based staff to ensure field delivery is met and agreed-upon targets, providing additional support where necessary
- Overseeing the coordination of call for proposals and participates in review panels
- Providing efficient and robust programme support through effective portfolio management
- Ensuring the provision of M&E and project management support to partners
For more details and to view the Job Description click here
How to apply
To apply, please send a one-page cover letter addressing your interest in and suitability for the position, and an up-to-date CV (no more than 2 pages) to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is the Monday 9th August 2021