The Senior Gender Equality Technical Advisor will use their in-depth contextual understanding, technical and practical expertise, and relationship building skills to define and deliver our strategic ambition for advancing gender equality in Niger. The role will lead strategy development and the technical design and implementation of high quality programmes that advance gender equality and ensure that children, girls and boys can equitably access, participate within, benefit from and act as decision makers for both emergency and development programming. The role supports national advocacy and influencing, while driving strategic partnerships for new business development. It provides leadership to ensure our work is grounded on intersectional gender and power analysis, and supports the design and implementation of gender transformative monitoring and evaluation systems to demonstrate impact, while sharing learning across our programmes, teams and partners. The role will work closely with operations colleagues and with partners, especially women’s/girls’ rights and gender equality-focused organizations, in Niger CO, fostering the building of ownership and agency of local organisations. It will provide leadership to design/adapt and deliver gender transformative content for capacity building and system strengthening. This role includes a focus on external representation on priority issues including child-centred gender and power analysis, girls’ empowerment, gender-based violence and other topics central to gender transformative child rights-based approaches across thematic areas. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Master’s degree in Women and Gender Studies or related degree with focus on gender equality in international development, social work, public health, sociology, anthropology or related area, or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 7 years’ experience (including field experience) providing technical leadership for the design and implementation of humanitarian and development programmes focused on advancing gender equality
- Strong understanding of gender equality principles and practices, the gender equality sector, policy priorities and key gender inequalities impacting children in Niger
- Significant experience in gender equality training, capacity building, and mentoring, and a demonstrated ability to make complex concepts compelling and accessible
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to intersectional gender and power analysis, and to the design, piloting, implementation and evaluation of innovative technical tools and resource to advance gender equality
- Track record in successful business development/fundraising, designing and pitching gender transformative approaches, models and programs
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and skills related to gender sensitive and transformative program design, monitoring and evaluation, including designing pathways to sustainable impact at scale.
- Experience of strategy development and planning to advance gender equality and social justice
- Experience of context, capacity and policy analysis, grounded on intersectional gender and power analysis, and influencing and advocacy at regional/international level in order to hold duty bearers to account to advance gender equality and realise children’s rights.
- Skilled at networking, representation and partnership development in order promote learning, strengthen civil society and mobilise resources.
- Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work for transforming the root causes of harmful gender norms and promoting gender equality for and with children
- Demonstrated thought leadership experience such as contributions to academic journals, books, articles; speaking engagements, workshop facilitation, leading conference presentations and panels
- Experience of supporting humanitarian preparedness, response and recovery
- Fluent in English and French with high level of writing skills in both languages.
- Develops, implements and applies intersectional gender analysis.
- Designs and implements evidence-based holistic gender sensitive and transformative interventions: Fosters gender sensitive and transformative approaches to ensure all children have equitable access to, participation within and benefit from interventions.
- Strengthens capacities to advance gender equality.
- Develops and applies effective, innovative gender equality tools and resources.
- Advocates for gender equality.
- Being the Voice of Children: Promotes evidence-based policy and public engagement that includes the voices of children and their communities
- Advancing Equality & Inclusion: Displays a commitment to ensuring everything we do considers the most deprived and marginalised children
- Building & Strengthening Partnerships: Promotes working with diverse partners as critical to delivery
- Child Rights: Promotes the rights of children in own work and in work with colleagues and peers
While applying for this job, please refer to KALETA.co as your source.