|JOB TITLE||Programme Officer Ecowas Agriculture Information System (ECOAGRIS)|
|DEPARTMENT||AGRICULTURE, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESSOURCES|
|DIRECTORATE||AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT|
PRINCIPAL PROGRAMME OFFICER, AGRICULTURE
|DUTY STATION||ABUJA, NIGERIA|
|Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the supervision of the Principal Programme Officer, Agriculture, the incumbent shall monitor and coordinate the ECOWAS integrated agricultural information system to enable analysis and decision-making
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor and implement the Regulation on ECOAGRIS and its steering, monitoring and governance bodies
• Monitor and coordinate the National Focal Points and the ECOAGRIS Regional Focal Points,
• Coordinate and ensure the permanent updating of the database of agro-sylvo-pastoral and fishery products and markets,
• Produce analytical reports (dashboard) on agro-sylvo-pastoral and fishery production for the ECOWAS SAP-ECOLINK database,
• Maintain the quality of the data collected in the countries and acquisition of Geo-Data from satellites
• Ensure the IT security of the ECOAGRIS database in permanent consultation with the CILSS / AGRYMETH Center,
• Collaborate with CILSS / AGRYMETH, UEMOA and other Regional and International Institutions Contributing to ECOAGRIS database
• Ensure the availability of data to ECOWAS decision makers and interested Partners,
• Provide data and information to food security early warning systems;
• Formulate and Develop regional projects and actions on Agri-data development to allow Management to mobilize international funds.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Agriculture Statistic engineering, Economy, Agri-economy, agronomy, or related field, Rural Economy or any other relevant field from a recognized University
• Have at least 8 years of professional experience in the field Agriculture Statistics and Data analysis and management
• Broad experience as a program/project manager, project manager and programs;
• Demonstrated experiences in the fields of agriculture statistic data collection, analysis and aggregation
• Skills in agricultural policy formulation, project / program formulation, strategic planning or institutional and regulatory framework;
Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
· ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
· ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
· ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
· ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
· ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
· ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
· contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
· interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
· ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
· ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
· ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
· demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
· understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
· ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
· ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
· ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
· ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbiased and transparent manner.
· knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes and policies;
· knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
· knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
· knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
· knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/programme assigned to own position.
· ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
· ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
· knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
· ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
· demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
· ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
· ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means, ;
· exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
· proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
· Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
· ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
· identify ,organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
· ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
· ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
· ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.