SIF Nigeria mission was opened in 2017 in Maiduguri and large scale food security, wash and protection activities have been implemented in Maiduguri and Ngala LGAs as a regognized partner of Nigerian Humanitarian Fund and the Early Recovery.
IF worked on supporting the economic activities of women heads of household and on child protection.
In 2021, the mission focuses on the development of wash activities (access to water, rehabilitation of health infrastructure, prevention and awareness of good hygiene practices, boreholes, etc.) on livelihood (training, cash for work) to support internal displaced people and communities and on food distribition.
The mission is forward to develop new projects in the area of Maiduguri and Borno State in the North-East, as well as to explore new areas such has the North-West and the Middle Belt in order to expend its activities and diversify the portfolio.
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting a Logistics Manager based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
MISSION / FUNCTION
Under the guidance of the Head of Mission, the Logistics Manager
ll be responsible for mission’s procurement, general logistics, the fleet management, and asset, warehouse and security management of SIF in Nigeria.
- Technically support the base logisticians, base managers and program managers;
- Ensure that all procurements are compliant, tracked and recorded, and ensure that open and free competition for procurements is adhered to;
- Manage all premises and fleet, follow up movements;
- Ensure smooth communication and collaboration with all departments;
- Ensure implementation of high Security & Safety standards;
- Frame and support the deployment of SIF teams to new areas of intervention;
- Support exploration and assessment missions to new areas;
- Support program teams on the design of projects and specific SOP for emergency activities.
style=”text-decoration: underline;”>KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- University degree in a relevant field
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role for an INGO
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Team management experience including capacity building
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- French fixed term contract : 4 months
- Salary according to our salary grid
- Monthly perdiem
- Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
- R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks.
- Leaves every 3 months
- Temporary work procedures and a reinforced sanitary protocol are applied at Secours Islamique France within the effective conditions
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
/> /> We will study every application with required skills for the position.