Position Name: Knowledge Management/Training Advisor**
Position Reports To: Project Lead MCGL
· The KM/Training Advisor will be responsible for leading knowledge management, general communications, training and learning functions for Jhpiego Nigeria. The Advisor will bridge the relevant work done by the MCGL projects and Jhpiego in-country, and work closely with colleagues to identify KM needs as well as harness and package knowledge for dissemination through different means to Jhpiego staff, national and State partners and the national Quality of Care (QoC) Technical Working Group (TWG).
· The KM/Communications Advisor will be responsible for leading the development of well written information and knowledge products and other communication pieces with high quality photos, videos, infographics or stories for Jhpiego Nigeria and MCGL project stakeholders and the National QoC TWG.
· The KM/Training Advisor will support the MCGL projects in planning, coordinating and delivering training activities at the national and state level as required.
· Identify creative and effective ways to generate and share knowledge with a view to leveraging good practices and improving programs.
· Works closely with members of the National RMNCH QoC TWG, FMoH, MCGL QoC consortium partners and other MCGL project staff to develop information products and learning material;
· Define and produce diverse knowledge; evidence- based articles, resource guide.
· Lead and ensure cohesion of knowledge and learning activities in-country.
· Strictly ensure that Jhpiego standards for quality assurance for communication materials are always maintained.
· Actively participate in the development of annual work plans and any specialized technical planning or reporting for the MCGL projects
· Undertake duties as specified by the Project leads for the MCGL projects and other assigned authorities.
· Develops capacity building activities for staff to enhance their ability to communicate about MCGL projects achievements and provide editorial services for documents and presentations, including formatting, style and accuracy of a text, grammar and punctuation and copy editing
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications, knowledge management, public health, international development, or related field,
· Minimum of 8 years’ working experience in knowledge management and communications; i) public health; and ii) Infographics iii) USAID development projects;
· In addition, s/he should demonstrate competencies in communicating to a wide range of stakeholders and audiences as well as excellent report writing, facilitation and inter-personal skills.
· Demonstrate good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences
· Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, Infographic Programs and/or other graphics programs.
· Proven ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences.
· Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in communication skills.
· Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
· Knowledge of infographic software is a plus.
· The ideal candidate should be an excellent writer with strong command of both spoken and written English
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “Knowledge Management/Training Advisor “ as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Monday 1st November 2021
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org