Location: Based in Tunis – Covering West Africa and Sahel region
Duration of Contract: Indefinite; no less than 12 months
Altai Consulting is a strategy, research and monitoring & evaluation firm focusing on the developing world. Altai began operating in 2003 and has since successfully completed over 350 consulting and research assignments in Africa, the Middle East and in Central Asia. Our clients include major international private sector actors as well as donors and their implementing partners, international organizations (the European Union, United Nations, World Bank, etc.), and INGOs looking for both technical expertise and high-level strategy advice.
As part of its Public Policy Practice, Altai Consulting seeks experienced and knowledgeable consultants for several projects involving a strong experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and Migration related programming. Based in Tunis, to support several large regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning programmes with a focus on migration programming.
The Consultant will work under the supervision of a Project Director and liaise with relevant partners (mainly aid actors implementing projects funded by the client), assist in the development of logical frameworks and indicators, collect and clean data obtained from partners, assist in preparing reports for the client, analyze the obtained data, conduct case studies on specific aspects, gathering, analyzing and drafting conclusions, support partners in their M&E systems design, etc.
Experience in development appreciated.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Participate in the development of methodologies for the Monitoring and Evaluation of projects in West Africa
- Liaise regularly with and provide support to implementing partners;
- Conduct field research (qualitative and quantitative);
- Design and maintain project databases;
- Analyze large quantities of data from varied sources;
- Report writing in English and French;
- Prepare presentations;
- Prepare documentation when required by clients or the management of the company;
- Build capacity of team members, client, and/or beneficiaries;
- Conduct interviews and secondary data research for qualitative studies;
- Others as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Masters’ degree or higher in Economics, International Relations and/or Development, Public Policy, Migration, Evaluation, Engineering, Statistics or Data analytics.
Analytical skills requirements:
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with particular attention to detail and accuracy (required)
- Adept at report writing and presenting finding
- Excellent written and spoken English and French required
- Experience writing policy papers, assessments, and/or strategic recommendations that require deep analytical capacity
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, including prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Excel (Lookup, Pivot tables…) required
- Knowledge of QGIS, Stata and R is a plus
- Flexible, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently;
- Mature and independent personality with a curious and humble mindset;
- Client oriented;
- Team player;
- Eagerness to travel and discover new cultures & environments;
- Must be available for relocation to Tunis, with periods of work in other West African countries as relevant.
How to apply
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by end July 2021.