Administration Officer NOA
Organization: UN WFP – World Food Programme
Location: Harare (Zimbabwe)
Grade: NO-A, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position – Junior level
Operations and Administrations
Closing Date: 2020-02-20
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Administration Officer reports to the Head of Finance and Administration Unit. Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
2. Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
3. Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
4. Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
5. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
6. Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
7. Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
8. Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
10. Other as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Business Support Services & Reporting
Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.
Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering
Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.
Resource Management for Administration and Engineering
Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services
Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.
Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Shona
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Has gained at least 5 years progressively responsible experience in administration.
• Has demonstrated a high level of proficiency in WFP administrative operating standards in day to day work.
• Has provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application via E- Recruitment attaching a signed application letter, a Curriculum Vitae and a signed Personal History Form (P11) available at http://www.unon.org/docs/P11. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment processes.
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications: 20 February 2020
Qualified and experienced female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.