Capacity Building Assistant
ALETA WONDO (ETHIOPIA)
Requisition ID: req8812
Job Title: Capacity Building Assistant
Sector: Community Development
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Aleta Wondo, Ethiopia
Under the direct supervision of the Hygiene Promotion/PLA Officer, the CB Assistant is responsible for implementation of the water supply, Hygiene and Sanitation activities of IRC- Ethiopia, Sidama Zone sites to the required standard, principles and level of participation.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate orientation and sensitization meeting with the community.
- Assist in planning and facilitation of various training in consultation with program staff.
- Assist in facilitation of socio-economic and KAP surveys.
- Facilitate meeting for consultants and program staff with partners and community.
- Consult communities and discuss with them on how to maximize the impact of IRC’s assistance and their participation.
- Look for ways to enhance community participation in various projects and suggest best experiences.
- Updating the sustainability of various IRC projects and assess the status in financial, technical and management, and reporting the strength and weakness of the old grant projects including the scope of support from Zonal water office/Woreda water desks.
- Assist in building the capacity of the community (in line with the community’s action plan) to sustainable manage their water and sanitation facilities.
- Assist in developing the facilitation skills of EHAs and Village Facilitators for Participatory Learning and Action/PLA Activities using the guideline.
- Work on the sustainability of various IRC interventions in the area and suggest better experiences to relevant program.
- Maintain a system for timely information and idea-sharing on lessons learned and changing circumstances on projects.
- Maintain partnership and utilize the existing partner’s resources for community capacity building.
- Facilitate the establishment of water Users Associations and water boards, selection of pump/generator operators and plumbers in collaboration with woreda water desks.
- Organize and facilitate trainings of water committees and boards, plumbers and generator operators.
- Enhance and ensure community participation at all stages of water projects (projects design, project implementation, project handing over and project evaluation).
- Monitor and supervise the activities of water boards and water committee for old and new grants
- Conduct and work closely with other staff, close working relationship with relevant partner institutions
- Source and organize secondary socio-economic information of the zone and woredas.
- Source and compile training materials for users.
- Assist in facilitating the community, WUAs and FG people’s awareness for the donors visit and meetings.
- Assist in facilitating the procurement and supply of fittings, spare parts, and operation and maintenance tools for WUA.
- Facilitate provisional and final hand over activities of the project and assist in collecting documents of provisional and final hand over, list of water management committees andlist of capacity building materials provided for WMC and all necessary data
- Report to the Hygiene Promotion/PLA Officer..
- Carry out other works as assigned by the organization.
- Degree or diploma in sociology, sanitary science, Rural Development, General Agriculture, or relevant social science fields
- 3 Years of relevant experience for Diploma Holder
- 1 years of relevant experience for degree holders
- NGO experience is a plus
- Minimum of six month IRC internship service
- Basic Computerknowledge
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Have a good command of Local Language andEnglish
- Have Driving license for Motor bike is an asset.